The Polidors

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More of Spain

So, April 30, 2008, will live in infamy as the day the Polidors ALMOST made it into the Alhambra.  The Alhambra is the one thing I desperately wanted to experience in Granada.  It is even on my list of things to do before I die (now checked off!).  Let me give you some backgroud.  You CAN make reservations for the Alhambra, but you need lots of advance notice (we did not have).  The Alhambra has a set number of tickets for sale each day.  Half can be reserved ahead of time.  The other half can be bought the day of.  So the four of us wake up early on Wednesday and set out for the Alhambra (you can walk there from A & D's house!).  We get in line and wait.  and wait.  and wait.  For 4 hours.  yep, that's right.  We carefully positioned two people in each of the two lines to better our chances of getting a ticket.  Well, Colin and I are at the very front of the line.  The only thing standing between us and tickets is 1 guy!  That's when the announcement came that all the tickets for this day had been sold.  Foiled! What did we do?  Well in true Spaniard style, we took the opportunity to see all the free stuff at the Alhambra and then we headed to the Albacin, which is the old moorish part of the city.  We did some sightseeing, had some tapas (baby shark and fried eggplant), and ended the day with some Moroccan food (friends, I have gotten much more adventurous in my eating).  Here are some pics from this day - which I must admit was one of my fav days!


1 Comments:

Blogger P said...

I love your pictures! Hope you guys are doing well :)

June 2, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home