The Polidors

Friday, January 2, 2009

Best Books of 2008

I love lists!  I thought I'd share my favorite books from 2008 with you.

1.  The Omnivore's Dilemma - Michael Pollan- This book changed my life.  Seriously.  Highly recommend.  You will never think about food the same way again.  Followed closely by...
2.  In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan - sequel to Omnivore's Dilemna
3.  Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver - staying on the food topic - really great book about what it means to eat locally.  
4.  The Twilight Series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn) - Stephenie Meyer - I became a serious addict.  I could not put it down.  I might have read them more than once in 08!  I know, I know, it's about vampires, but please give it a chance and you'll be hooked.  
5.  The Shack - William P. Young - a must read!  It really made me think about the way I view the world and my place in it.   

1 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Hey Lady,
SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK BLOGGING!!!! DOWN WITH FACEBOOK!!!! Just kidding. Actually, I was thinking of joining cause I can do it on my blackberry, but then I'd just be one of those people. And I can't have an addiction like that right now. ANYWAY, you should read Real Food by Nina Planck. I'm reading it right now. It's pretty good.
Anyway, just wanted to say WELCOME BACK!!!!! Can't wait to hear about y'all's new years!

January 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home