The Polidors

Friday, January 2, 2009

Coming out of Hibernation


So, I realize I am the world's worst blog slacker, but I'm back to blogging in 2009.  2008 was a good year for the Polidors, so here's a recap from our family:

In January, Colin and I celebrated 2 years of wedded bliss.  I can't recall any major events in February.  March brought my 28th birthday.  In April, we traveled to Spain with Colin's mom to visit Amberly and David.  I have to recommend vacationing with "locals".  We had such a great experience that we would have never found in "Lonely Planet".  April also brought the wedding of my dearest friend, Mari-Etta.  I served as a bridesmaid for the 11th time (no kidding).   In May, I officially became a vegetarian (not vegan - I still enjoy milk, eggs, and cheese).  It's been really rewarding and I feel my healthiest in years.  Colin's been such a trooper.  He is NOT a vegetarian, however, we do not eat meat at home.  He has endured some pretty crazy dinners and has become a convert to the veggie burger.  We spent the summer camping, hiking, and canoeing, including a trip to Indiana with Cara and Travis.  Danza came on his first and last camping trip.  Never again will I sleep in a two person tent with 2 people and 1 dog.   We tried in vain to have a garden.  We ended up with 4 tomatoes.  My dad has ruled not enough sunlight in the back yard.  July also brought a good-bye from my friend and former roommate, Lisa, who moved to the Dominican Republic!  I'm still missing her every day.  In October, my parents and I embarked on a road trip to Vermont to visit Colin's family.  Good times.  I never realized how big Virginia really was, but it takes several hours to get through.  November brought Colin's 29th birthday (09 will bring the big 3-0) as well as Thanksgiving with my family, and December brought Christmas in Vermont.  We had 2 feet of snow this year, which led to several snow shoeing adventures.   If I forgot any major events, please forgive me.


We are both really excited about all that 2009 holds.  Amberly and David return to the U.S. in March.  Colin and I have big plans to run the half marathon in April.  I received a sewing machine for Christmas and plan to learn to sew.  I've offered to begin making all of colin's clothes for him, but he has declined the offer!  I also plan to become a more adventurous cook (poor colin).  Thanks for checking on us and I promise to be more faithful in 09!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Rock the sewing machine! That's awesome! I just sewed my sister-in-law a mei-tei baby carrier for her baby shower. It's fun, even if it's frustrating at times.
Can't wait to hear about the half too, I will be running it with you in spirit. Maybe next year I can actually run it!
Oh, and my dad is talking about coming down again beginning of Apr. We'll see. Adios!

January 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Leslie Ware said...

I have to say, I am really sad that we didn't get a mention in your 08 recap.... :)

Let's make Jackson and Colin go to the new YM class on Sunday...

January 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home