The Polidors

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cloned Hamburger?

This week the FDA approved the sale of meat and dairy products made from cloned animals.  I am a little disturbed by this.  One of my concerns is that there will be no requirement to label this meat or milk as coming from cloned animals.  While I have not read all the research yet, my initial thoughts are negative.  I try to buy as much organic as possible, especially meat, milk, and produce.  But who says the organic industry won't eventually get on board as well.  Here's a link about this from the Chicago tribune. Would love to hear your opinion.  
Tiffany

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

I concur, it's not ok! I am disturbed that they won't label meat from cloned animals. It just seems wrong, even if they say there are no drawbacks...I mean, they said that about the hormones and pesticides in meat and produce initially too, right? and side effects of vaccines?

January 17, 2008 at 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a good op-ed in the New York Times, "Food Politics, Half-Baked." The author says the debate over GMO, and now cloned, food has suffered because both sides have taken extreme approaches; he says there are pros and cons, and what's needed is an honest, balance approach. (But, personally, I still find the cloned-food idea disturbing!)

February 6, 2008 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home